Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don’t have time for fine print, extra doctor’s appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button – by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our team hails from companies such as Google, Facebook, Uber, Snapchat and Instagram. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to join our San Francisco office.
Ethos is looking for a Product Design Lead to help rebuild insurance from the ground up. At Ethos, you will play an instrumental role in shaping every aspect of the product and work closely with a talented team to develop novel solutions to large, interesting challenges, and build world class products.
We expect that you will traverse between shaping the overall vision and direction for the product and meticulous design detail. You should be a pioneer who is not afraid to experiment, invent, and occasionally fail. You should be energized by building from the ground up, creating experiences that drive business value and make customers smile.
- Elegantly architect UX and UI for optimizations and the design of new features.
- Work independently on design tasks with moderate level of control and review.
- Maintain Ethos’ design language system – ensuring consistency across design
- Work through appropriate process to ensure that features and optimizations meet the
required standard – from ‘minimum viable” to “minimum delightful” to the full experience.
- Communicate and present design challenges and their impact quickly and effectively.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Incorporate customer, product and business goals into design solutions.
- Partner with product managers and developers. Represent UX in cross-team
collaborations with data, marketing, and user research.
- Share honest, thoughtful feedback with fellow designers. Commit to continually learning,
training, and improving yourself and others.
- Work on multiple projects in a dynamic environment, and seek help when needed.
- Recognize and help when your colleagues need support.
- dentify and pitch ideas that create business or user value to the management team.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Demonstrated mastery of beautiful and functional visual and interaction design,
typography, and hierarchy.
- Experience leading projects and process spanning insights, ideation and validation
through to design implementation.
- Experience with a variety of approaches to problem solving and product development.
- Passion for brand, and brand expression.
- Meticulous attention to detail applied across usability and aesthetics.
- Considerable experience shipping products and services that are loved in the world.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience working across web, IOS and Android.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); openness to collaboration and continual
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.